Tuesday, July 7, 2009

RIP Michael

Today we lay to rest the Iconic Michael Jackson and I thought this marked a great day to resurrect my blog.


For a little over two weeks the world has mourned the unexpected death of MJ. While most of the media world has celebrated the life of MJ, others have tried to steal the moment my demeaning him. To them, their unkind words and accusations ('Do you remember?' Pete King that he was acquitted of all charges in the court of law) will be short lived. Think about it, we are talking about a man who for almost five decades gave the world his talent (not to mention his MONEY)! Not many people can claim that and while most desire it they will NEVER attain it. We expect to see many who will try to impersonate but there is and will only be one Michael. Let a DJ play any Michael Jackson song, the outcome is inconceivable. This is an artist who transcended race, gender, age all around the world (It's not just 'Black and White'); which is why it is an insult to him to try to compare him to Elvis and/or "Mr. Blue Eyes" Frank Sinatra--neither of them reached that type of status.

So to those of us who have and will always be a fan of Michael, I say 'You are not alone' because I'm 'Rock[ing] with you' and make sure to 'Remember the Times'. To those who are determined to try to make a mochery out of MJ I say, look at the 'Man in the Mirror" and think about your 'Human Nature'. LA Reid said it best, its time to turn down the chatter and turn up the music.

As we all turn in today to watch the memorial service, let us remember that life is precious and short. It is a priviledge and should be cherished. What is the legacy that you will leave?

_________________________________________________________________


I cannot end my first blog without given props to "The Real Sidney Shaw" (www.therealsidneyshaw.blogspot.com) for inspiring me to write again. Love ya!!

Stay tuned for my review of the service along with other interesting tidbits...this is only the beginning :) In the meantime, hit me up with your comments and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Good job! One of my fondest memories of Mike was his first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show". After hearing all the buzz when they were performing in Chicago (before they went to Motown, they used to perform around town in talent shows and the like, being right down the street from Ind.). I, as a young teen aged black boy living in a west side housing project, was brought to tears watching the magical performance. Remember also, this was during a time when blacks were rarely on television & when they were people would run to knock on their neighbours door to make sure they didn't miss it.
    LET THE MUSIC PLAY ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Snap! She's a blogger now!
    The City of Los Angeles is really crazy right now, I decided not to go to work today because I didn't want to deal with all of the chaos that is going on with MJ's Memorial. One of my friends is actually there. So I'm going to watch the memorial from the crib.

    It's still unrealistic to me though. I guess we will all watch and celebrate the life of Michael.

    Thanks for the shout out! check out the blog
    therealsidneyshaw.blogspot.com lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that MJ has made a mark and I hope people remember what he represented (Peace, Love, and Music).
    Stine

    ReplyDelete