Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Beginnings: Week Three

Part of blogging requires a certain kind of honesty that sometimes you would rather keep to yourself.  That's how I feel this week. I'd rather keep this week under the cover but since you all have been apart of this journey I'm going to put it all out there.

This week was my hardest clean-eating week.  I began to have some serious chocolate cravings and since I wasn't going to find "clean" chocolate I ignored those cravings.  At first it seemed awkward because this is week 3.  Why would I be having these craving in week 3?  Well I posed that question and someone asked when was my cycle.  Welp...They were right (why didn't I think of that?).  Normally, the symptoms I experience are migraines, leg and stomach pains.  The pains I had were minimal and I did not experience any migraines.  Unfortunately I felt extremely weak and even had a dizzy spell.  Increasing my food intake helped some but for 2-3 days I had minimal energy.  By day 4, I felt more like myself.

Although it has only been a short time, I do feel like this has become apart of me.  I don't pick up much of anything without reading the label.  I can tell my stomach is smaller and we won't even talk about the amount of weight I've lost in such a small period of time.  Exercise is even become an important part of my life.

When I began, I did not expect to make it this far.  This started as a four week challenge; meaning next week will be the end of the challenge.  However, now I know that this can really be a life change for me.  I won't say I would never indulge in some of the things that I gave up but I don't plan on it ever having that kind of control over me ever again.  I will continue to take it one day at a time.  I'm enjoying the ride.

I truly encourage all of you to look within to see what kind of changes you could do to improve your health.  Nothing is too small as we all have to start somewhere.  Change isn't easy but when you work hard at something the reward is wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Your exercise is getting better. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete