Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Book Review: Success Through Stillness: Meditation Made Simple


I have always been curious about mediation and stumbled upon Success Through Stillness by Russell Simmons.  This book, while not your typical comprehensive approach, is excellent for new learners.  It is written in what I would call conversational tone, is direct and to the point.  It addresses all of the concerns and excuses to mediation.  I was most impressed with Part Two: Chapter 6: God Doesn’t Want Me Mediating because this is a chapter, in my opinion, that left out would have made the book incomplete.  The ability to clear your mind and focus on quietness is just that!  While Mr. Simmons lays out benefits in the book, it would be absurd to discourage someone from practicing something they have personal positive experiences.  I hope more people take the time to at least investigate and form their own opinion; this book is a great starting point and lives up to its name. 

I do plan to start practicing and will blog my experience.  Keep watch.  Hold me accountable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment