Thursday, April 16, 2015

Are you prepared for election season? I'm not!

I have to admit, while I am thankful for my right to vote, I never look forward to election season.  Politics are overkill and too many games are played.

So Mrs. Clinton has announced that she is running for President and already people are on the bandwagon.  I'm all for being involved in the process but I'm puzzled. I'm wondering what is she going to bring to the table?  Who will she be running against? Who will be her running mate?  I mean, I have more questions than answers at this point. 


I totally get that there is a strategic map to politics.  THEY get that as well.  But, this "map", in my opinion, has failed us (although THEY don't mind it much at all). It sets the precedents for emotional and ignorant voting.  It is why money and negative ads drive elections; and why we have people in office who don't represent our best interest. 

I am in no way implying that Hillary isn't a good candidate; that's not the point at all.  I'm just asking people to take the time to educate themselves on WHY you believe a candidate is or isn't worthy of your vote.  Don't allow others (namely the media) to make that decision for you.  Do your research!
This election process won't change until we require more; do more.  Besides, you don't just have a right to vote; that right comes with responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment